POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh! : Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Sep 2005 07:37:29
Message: <433145f9$1@news.povray.org>
> So... what do you think?

I like it! The textures need some work (like some normals) to look
realistic, but its a great and promising start. Maybe you want to try and
somehow add some frost to the edges of the windows. This might be a little
more complicated on the rectangular ones, but for the spherical one you
could just use a spherical color_map. Some irregular, less transparent white
should do the trick.

And I don't get where you want to add the water. In front of the window, to
reflect in onto the ceiling? If you do that, try limiting the surface to a
small region as possible in order not to shoot photons all over the place
where you won't see them. If this means that the water is visibile through
the window, maybe using a two-pass method (gather photons with water, but
render the final with photons but without the water) would be a good
approach.

Regards,
Tim

--